Cheap colognes that smell great can be extremely hard to come by. Most of them either stink or the smell goes away after a short time lapse. Some cheap cologne however does smell great and can even last a long period of time, just like some of the designer fragrances.
Next to each cologne you will find the Formsly HQ Ranking of the cologne. This ranking system is created of taking thousands of reviews of the cologne along with any awards the particular cologne has won. The top cologne of all time can be found on best of all time page with a score of 92 to help you gauge how great these cheap colognes are in respect to them.
Summary of Great Smelling Colognes on a Budget
Honorable mentions – English Leather by Dana, 1881 by Cerruti, Grey Flannel by Beene, Z-14 by Halston, Cuba Gold
Here are some of those colognes to try that are inexpensive and don’t stink.
Yacht Man – Red by Myrugia
- Designed for men
- For casual use
- This product is made of high quality material
- Fragrance introduced by Myrurgia
Yacht Man – Red is a men’s cologne that is best worn during the summer with it’s sweet woody scent. The only complaint is wearing this cologne on a hot day because it has such a short lifespan. You will most likely have to reapply the cologne, but given the low price per bottle, by not try it?
We also found that the cap was difficult to remove. Given the light scent and the budget friendly price, we feel this is still something worth trying.
Curve Connect for Men by Liz Claiborne
- Curve Connect is a casual cologne for day or night, and is inspired by social networks, meaningful...
- Bold, confident, spontaneous; Curve Connect stay connected and see where it takes you
- Top 3 fragrance notes include black pepper, black tea and sandalwood
- Also available in women's 3.4oz
The Curve series is always a fantastic brand to go after. Curve Connect opens with a semi-sweet black tea scent, followed by black pepper and sandal wood that gives it a unique scent.
This cologne is perfect for casual settings its fragrance is light and free but it also doesn’t last as long some of the designer au de colognes. As something a little different with light notes of sandal wood, this may be the one for you.
Nautica Blue by Nautica
- ENERGETIC, & TIMELESS: Empowering him to inject his signature energy into each day.
- CRISP AND FRESH: A new adventure for the senses. Reminds him of dipping his toes in the ocean on...
- UNIVERSAL AND LONG-LASTING: Perfect for everyday wear.
- NAUTICA FRAGRANCES: Scents that support your curiosity for life, so that you are ready to take on...
Nautica Blue can be found on almost all top selling lists on our website. The reason is behind it’s terrific bargain pricing and it’s clean and light scent.
This cologne is specifically popular with the younger crowd touting a masterful blend of bergamot citrus and sandal wood notes making it one of the more forgiving scents men can wear.
An outstanding clone for anyone new to wearing cologne or for young men in the teenage years because you won’t offend anyone around you by wearing it.
Thallium Eau De Toilette
- Top notes are bergamot and pineapple; Middle notes are lavender, jasmine and apple
- Base notes are amber, patchouli, cedar and musk.
- Thallium is a masculine fragrance by Jacques Evard.
Thallium by Jacques Evard (2002) – 87 HQ –
Coming in at #2 is one of top 50 rated Eau De Toilette scents in the world and you can purchase it on Amazon for a budget price. A great cologne to wear in the spring and in fall because of it’s sweet scent.
The fresh light fragrance of this eau de toilette belies its complex makeup. At first you catch the airy bergamot and pineapple fragrance making you think of fruity colognes. Then the middle fragrances of lavender, jasmine and apple notes come into play. The whole thing is anchored by amber, patchouli, woody cedar and musk to round out this fresh woody scent for men.
And if all that didn’t convince you the is a great cheap perfume, the fact that men seem to receive outstanding results when wearing this fresh scent around ladies.
Clubman Pinuad Virgin Island Bay
- CLASSIC ALL PURPOSE FRAGRANCE FOR MEN: Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum Cologne is a formula of...
- INSTANTLY COOLS, TONES AND REFRESHES SKIN: Clubman Special Reserve After Shave has a unique blend of...
- INFUSED WITH ESSENCE OF BAY TREE AND EXOTIC SPICES: Bay Rum is one of the timeless ingredients in...
- CONVENIENT, HANDY, POST SHAVING COLOGNE: Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum Cologne is all you...
Pinuad Virgin Island Bay Rum by Clubman – 89 HQ –
Drumroll please……… Pinuad Virgin Island Rum comes in number one on our list of cheap colognes for men! This classic masculine fragrance has a spicy scent that falls within anyone’s budget.
If you fall asleep wearing this Eau de cologne, you might wake up covered in women (it’s that good).
For crisp clean feeling just after a shower or a close shave, this cologne is worth a shot for the price of admission!
That concludes our list of cheap colognes that smell great. While everyone has a specific scent they are looking for, we hope this list of reviews helped you narrow down your choices for a budget friendly cologne that will last. Who knows maybe one of these classic scent will become your new go to smell.
Summary of Scents described in this article:
Sandalwood – Has a floral scent and a sweet woody scent, very common in many iconic colognes
Bergamot (Citrus) – This word typically indicates orange, lime, bergamot fruit, or lemon scents
Patchouli – Similar to the smell of musk but with a sweet fragrance, there is a hint of wet soil smell to it.
Musk – Indicates a woodsy and earthy smell
Spicy – Think of cinnamon, ginger, black pepper when you see the word spicy.
Lavender – Smells just like a lavender bloom. In our opinion, a little goes a long way with this scent for a men’s perfume
Fruity – Think of berries, apples, and pears when you hear something described as fruity.